Plantain Frittata Recipe for every home
Do you love plantain and eggs? What about having a mash of the both of them?
Instead of frying both of them separately, try this recipe instead. It’s called Plantain Frittata!
And anyone who loves plantain and eggs, would love this mix.
This plantain frittata is the ultimate plantain and egg breakfast recipe.
Let’s discover how to prepare it.
• 2-3 very ripe plantains
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 3 cloves garlic – minced
• 1 large roma tomato – chopped
• 1 cup chopped bell pepper I chopped one green bell pepper
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 1 1/2 cup chopped sausage I used chicken sausage
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground white or black pepper
• Oil for deep frying the plantains
• 1/2 teaspoon oil (for greasing pie plate)
• Pour 2 cups of vegetable oil and heat up
• Wash ripe plantain thoroughly and peel off the skin . In a mixing bowl, cut the plantain into preferred shape and size, sprinkle salt to taste and mix thoroughly to combine.
• Next, gently drop plantain piece after piece into the hot oil but be careful not to over crowd the pan so the temperature of the oil doesn’t drop.
• Fry on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
• In another pan, heat up olive oil on medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic for 1 minute.
• Next, add tomatoes and leave to simmer for 2 minutes.
• Then add curry powder, thyme, ginger, seasoning cube, ground pepper, sausage and salt to taste. Stir and leave to cook for another 3 minutes on medium heat.
• Finally, add bell peppers, stir and allow to simmer for 2 minutes, then take off heat and set aside.
• In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and add sautéed vegetables, season with salt and pepper if necessary. Stir to combine.
• Coat frying pan with melted butter or vegetable oil.
• Then pour the egg mixture into the frying pan.
• Lay the fried plantain gently on top of the egg mixture and cover the frying pan with a lid and place on low heat, leave to cook for 20 minutes.
(It is important that you cover the frying pan with a lid and your heat is set to the lowest so that the frittata dosen’t burn.)
• From the lid, you can see that the egg mixture is starting to firm up.
• When it is completely firmed up, especially in the center, take off the lid and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
There you have it!